Sunday, April 13, 2008

Some More Books

This morning, I dropped Michael off at work and made it to the book sale in time to join the line at the door. The building where the sale is held (a former airplane hangar) is huge--and the line stretched around three sides of it! Today is half-price day, so all the paperbacks that were 50 cents yesterday are a whole quarter today. The dollar hardbacks are 50 cents today.

This morning, my mission was to browse the historical fiction room. They allow only 50 people into this room at a time, so it was important that I be one of the first people to get there, or I would have to wait in line after waiting in line. I was number 25 into the room. I was worried for a few minutes that I wouldn't make it in time. I got stuck behind a really slow old lady who would wander one way, then just before I could squeeze past her, she'd cut the other way. Finally, she paused to look at something for long enough for me to dart past her.

I found a stack of books, ranging from novels about British kings and queens to Mexican rebels. I even grabbed a few romances--not bodice rippers (never been my thing), but more along the lines of Bridget Jones (romantic comedies). Now I just need summer vacation, a swimming pool, a cold drink, and a nice hot afternoon (we're back to clouds and drizzle today).

No comments: