Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Final Harry Potter Day


Aren't They Pretty?
Originally uploaded by Prairie Brown

Last Sunday, Michael and I had reserved the entire day in order to sit and read the last Harry Potter book. With our box (unopened even--yay me) from Amazon, we packed a picnic lunch and headed to a park to start the marathon. I've posted a few pictures from the day on my Flickr site. It ended up being a bit cold and rainy to spend the whole day at the park, but we enjoyed a couple hours of reading time outside before we came home to finish the book. It was a great day!

While I definitely enjoyed the book, and I think it's possibly the best in the series, I'm going to hold off writing a review until I've had a chance to read it again a little bit more slowly to make sure I get everything just right. Let it suffice to say for now that I love the book, and I think J.K. Rowling did an amazing job with wrapping up the series. I'm going to take a few days to process everything and to wipe my tears before I try to write about it.

No comments: