Thursday, July 19, 2007

Gearing Up

Michael and I just got back from a lovely evening swim, and we're planning to spend the rest of the evening doing pretty much nothing. In fact, I'm planning to spend a relaxing weekend doing as little as possible before the summer gets really crazy for the next three weeks. Okay, so there is one day this weekend I'm not planning to spend doing nothing: on Sunday Michael and I will be finding a place in a park to settle down and read the final Harry Potter book. It's been our tradition for the last two books: get two copies of the book, find a quiet place to curl up, and read the book straight through.

At any rate, I meant to talk about how crazy the summer is going to get. I thought I would only be teaching one class and tutoring in the Loft. Then I was asked if I would mind taking over another class for an instructor who's going on a vacation. Then I was asked if I'd mind combining my first class with another section of the same class, so I'll end up with a huge class. Mind you, all of these classes are ESL classes, so they're not classes I've taught in the past. Of course I agreed to take the classes--I am a teacher, and I do love teaching, and I am having a great time with the class I have been teaching. This means that starting on Monday, I'll be teaching three classes as well as tutoring. This will last for the next three weeks, and as my classes are ending, Michael and I will be getting ready to leave for our trip to Hawaii and Hope's wedding. And I thought this would be a slow summer!

No comments: