Saturday, September 1, 2007

Getting There

We spent yet another full day packing things, moving things, and unpacking things. I'd say we're mostly moved. There's a little bit of stuff left in Michael's office, and my clothes still need to be moved over, but overall, things are mostly in the new place. NOw we just have to find places for all of them. Michael worked most today, so the crew of Dad and Hope and Peter and I were the movers. We hauled boxes until around noon, when we ran out of empty boxes to put more stuff into. Then Dad and the newlyweds headed for Hope's place for lunch, and I started the tedious chore of unpacking all of the things I'd spent the morning putting into boxes. I really hate moving! And I wish we'd been given more notice that we were going to have to move. Moving requires a certain mind-frame, I think, and it takes longer than a day or two for me to get used to the idea of uprooting everything and causing complete upheaval and chaos. I've been pretty miserable for the past few days, although I freely admit that I like the new apartment, and once everything is settled it's going to be wonderful.

This is likely the last post I'll make for a while, because our Internet service won't be transfered to the new place for a week or two, and we're planning to move my computer over tonight.

No comments: