Sunday, March 9, 2008

Tummy Troubles

Michael woke up at about 2:00 this morning feeling sick to his stomach. He spent the next five hours alternating between the bathroom floor and the guest bed (closer to the bathroom). For the first time since I've known him, he agreed he was too sick to go to work, and let me call in sick for him. He never registers a fever, even when he admits he's feeling sick, so it worried me quite a bit when the thermometer read 100 degrees this morning.

Fortunately, the worst seems to have passed. A shower brought the fever down a bit. He's been able to keep down water and apple juice, and he just managed to eat some Jello and half a piece of bread. He's taking a nap now, and when he gets up I'll see if I can convince him to try some chicken broth.

Now, if only I can avoid catching this...

2 comments:

John Hanscom said...

You both are in our thoughts and prayers.

Michael Hanscom said...

Thanks dad - I'm all better now! Yay!