Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My First Day


My New Office
Originally uploaded by Prairie Brown

Today was my first day in my new job, and I think it went really well. The building that houses CWU Des Moines is not even three years old yet, and everything from the floor up looks brand new. My office is on the third floor, and it's by far the nicest, biggest, newest office I've ever had. I don't have nearly enough stuff to fill it, and I'm hoping my students will overlook the lack of color until I can get some posters up. I'll just have them look out the window at the incredible view of Puget Sound if they complain about the lack of decoration. It's absolutely stunning! (There are lots of pictures up on Flickr.)

I spent much of the afternoon meeting the other faculty members and touring the campus trying to orient myself. I found the cashier's office to buy my parking pass, and I've located the student union in case I get hungry sometime. The other faculty I met were all very welcoming and extremely supportive, with all whom I met offering to send their students to me for writing help. I think I'm really going to like my new job!

1 comment:

John Hanscom said...

Congratulations, and know our prayers and best wishes are with you.