Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend Fun


Peter, Hope, Kima, and Michael Enjoy Tea and Dessert
Originally uploaded by Prairie Brown

My sister Kima was in Seattle visiting this weekend. Saturday night, Michael and I had a lovely dinner at Hope and Peter's place, and last night it was our turn to host the dinner party. Everyone (Kima, Hope, and Peter) came over here for an "Asian feast." I learned to make egg-flower soup, we bought some different types of dumplings at the Asian market, I created a coconut-pineapple curry, and we found an assortment of Asian cookies at the market. We all watched the last episode of Amazing Race (yay for TK and Rachel for winning), and much fun was had.

Kima stayed the night with us (another pleased visitor for our little guest room), and this morning I tried a new waffle recipe: buttermilk coconut waffles. Hope couldn't resist when we told her what was for breakfast, and she came over to eat with us. The waffles were pronounced a success by all, and there's enough batter left over for Michael and I to have them again tomorrow. Kima is headed back to Vancouver and her work week, Michael is at work this evening, and I'm catching up on my weekend lounging.

No comments: