Monday, January 14, 2008

Wacky Weather

When I left home this morning, the skies were clear and it looked like it was going to be a gorgeous day. Thirty minutes later, just as I was pulling into the faculty parking lot in Des Moines, it had clouded over and begun to pour buckets. I made a run for the building, and then when I looked out fifteen minutes later it was sunny again. Later this afternoon, another faculty member mentioned to be that it was snowing in Bellevue, and I rushed to check the traffic report to make sure the freeway was clear so I could get home. The freeway report looked normal, so I put it out of my mind. Much to my surprise, just as I came upon Downtown Seattle on my drive home, I noticed that the sides of the freeway were white with snow. There was slush here and there on the road, not enough to really slow traffic, but still noticeable. When I left the freeway here in North Seattle, the ground was covered with about an inch of slushy snow. I got out of my car and could see stars shining in the sky, and it's apparently warmed up a few degrees, because the snow is already melting away. Weird day!

No comments: