Sunday, November 4, 2007

Prayer Request

Shortly after we woke up this morning, my grandfather called from California to say that my grandmother's condition is deteriorating. Her lungs were already bad before the fires, and breathing the soot from the fires has been horrible for her. For those of you who don't know the whole story, my grandmother has been under hospice care for a year now, as her lung condition grows slowly worse. My grandfather called this morning to let us know that she's been coughing up blood, probably a result of the exposure to the ash, and she wanted her family to know she's worried but is not in pain, so Grandpa stayed home from church (and choir practice--something he never misses) this morning to make the phone calls.

Mom is headed to California next weekend to be with Grandma. It's been a really rough year for my mom and her family as Grandma gradually gets sicker. When you have a minute, please say a little prayer for strength for Grandpa, and my mom and her siblings (and the rest of the family) as they (we) prepare for the loss of my grandmother, and continue to pray that Grandma not be in pain.

2 comments:

John Hanscom said...

Prayers "ascending." What are their first names???

Prairie Brown said...

My grandmother's name is Norma and my grandfather is Charles, but Grandma calls him Hal. Thanks John.