Monday, November 12, 2007

Sniffling But Hopeful

I've spent the entire long weekend pretty much in bed with a bad head cold. I'm sniffling and oozing and fairly disgusting at the moment (thank goodness Michael knows what I look like when I'm not sick!), but Michael has been his usual wonderful self through all of the grossness, bringing me tea (he learned to boil water all by himself!) and orange juice, and encouraging me to take lots of naps. Now that the weekend is drawing to a close, I'm naturally feeling much better, just in time to go back to work tomorrow. Sniffle!

On the up side, my one accomplishment for the weekend (aside from changing the table decorations from Halloween to Thanksgiving) has been to apply for a new job. I had emails from three people in the past couple weeks, pointing out that Central Washington University's branch campus in the South Seattle area is hiring a "writing consultant" for their writing center. This is essentially the same job I did when I worked for CWU in Ellensburg, tutoring students and designing writing workshops. It is a full time faculty position with a yearly contract (instead of quarter to quarter like my job at NSCC), and even though it would be a commute until Michael finishes school and we could move, housing prices are a bit more reasonable in South Seattle. Thus, the final piece of my application is ready to mail in the morning, and I'm hopeful that I'll at least get an interview. Cross your fingers for me and send some positive vibes out into the universe!

3 comments:

John Hanscom said...

I'm sorry about your cold. The job in South Seattle sounds perfect! How are your grandparents doing?

Prairie Brown said...

I'm waiting for an update about my grandparents from my mom. She visited this past weekend. I need to call her tonight.

John Hanscom said...

Prayers continue.