Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pre-Thanksgiving

I just got home from a lovely pre-Thanksgiving dinner at Hope and Peter's house. Peter played chef tonight and made a wonderful Chinese chicken meal that was thoroughly appreciated by everyone.

Now I'm looking at tomorrow's arrangements and realizing that I'm going to need to make yet another trip to the store. I distinctly remember putting lime jello on my shopping list. I remember putting the jello into the cart. I remember seeing the jello at the checkout stand. I do not, however, remember where I put the jello once I got it home. In the cupboard, there dwells every other flavor of jello in the book, but no lime jello. Well, there was a very old package of some generic store brand stuff. I did take it out and mix it up, but it's been three hours since then, and it's not even slightly firm. In order for it to be Thanksgiving, there must be lime jello salad. I cannot have Thanksgiving without it. Therefore, I must make a brave and adventurous run to the store for lime jello. The things I'm willing to do for holidays...

No comments: