Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Afternoon

Michael and I didn't get up until around 10:00 this morning. Then, while the cinnamon rolls baked in the oven, filling the house with their delicious scent, we opened the gifts "Santa" had left in our stockings (lots of cute socks and stilly stuffed animals in mine, plus huge amounts of my favorite Christmas candies). After munching the warm cinnamon rolls, we decided it was too early to be up, and went back to bed for a couple hours of nap time.

When we woke up, we came out to the living room to find it snowing, the first real "white Christmas" I can remember having in Western Washington. We opened the "big" presents while watching the snow come down. My favorite presents include a great waffle iron (with reversible grilling plates, so it functions as a griddle as well), a hot pot for my new office so I will have hot tea at school all winter, and a collection of Bram Stoker's novels (all of which, except for Daracula, have been out of print for forever and are really hard to find). Michael also found me Season Two of the Muppet Show, and a copy of Stardust, which for those of you who missed it in the theaters, is now out on DVD (and everyone needs to see it because it's the best fantasy movie in years).

After present time, we put together a lunch of some of our favorite snack food treats (little sausages in barbecue sauce, mini bagels, and vegetables with ranch dip) and settled down to watch an episode of Lost, which we've been getting from Netflix. When we finished lunch, Michael decided he needed yet another nap, so he's currently snoozing. I cleaned the kitchen, and now I'm watching dusk close in on the snow covered day. I'll let Michael sleep a little while longer, before I wake him up to help me make the traditional Christmas lasagna.

No comments: