Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Through the Interview

My interview with CWU was yesterday morning, and I think it went pretty well (although it's always difficult to tell about these things). It was one of the most comfortable academic interviews I've been through yet, with a small (three-person) committee, reasonable questions, and really friendly people. It didn't have that "witch hunt" feeling many interviews have, where the candidates leave feeling like they've been released from a horrible, personal, kind of humiliating examination. I left feeling like I'd spent two hours having a nice conversation with interesting people.

After learning more about the job, I'm even more convinced that it would be something I'd like to do. The person who is hired will be responsible for further establishing the writing center at a CWU branch campus. The center that's there right now is only open two days a week. It will be the job of the new writing consultant to increase the hours of operation, and to do the marketing necessary to encourage the center to grow. It is a great opportunity for someone to get introductory administrative experience while continuing to meet with students, and I think it would be a really great job for me (not that I wouldn't be really sad to leave my students at Career Link).

I should (hopefully) hear back from the committee sometime in the near future. They want to hire someone before they leave for the holiday break. Send me good vibes, everyone!

1 comment:

John Hanscom said...

That does sound like you. Have you any training or experience in the marketing part? You are in our thoughts and prayers.